Computer Classes at Main Library
All classes will be held in Main Library’s computer lab and start at 2:00, lasting approximately 60 minutes. They can be extended up to 90 minutes as each class may require more time.
Classes are given in English and Spanish simultaneously.
To register email OnlineClasses@readingpubliclibrary.org, and include your chosen class.
Basic computer experience required unless otherwise noted.
No computer experience required.
- Mouse & Keyboarding Basics – Learn to use and click a mouse; scrolling; online forms; and major keyboard controls
- Internet Searching – Introduction to the internet; use a web browser; clicking on hyperlinks, and basic Google searching
- Printing – How to print webpages
- Search Engine Use – Learn search methods, tips & tricks
- Library Catalog Search – Using the library catalog, finding items, placing holds
- Other Search Options – Alternate search tools, introduction to databases
Please bring cell phone with texting capability to class.
- Creating a Google Email Account – Setup and use a free Google email account
- Using Your Email Account – Using Google email, Cc, Bcc, Attachments, Junk Mail
- Other Google Tools – Learn what other free products Google has to offer
- Creating a Resume with Word 2007
- Edit Resume
- Save Resume
- Navigating your desktop
- Using the Safari browser
- Store/locate files
- Download apps to your desktop
- Create Documents
- Edit Documents
- Save & Print Documents
- Create Spreadsheets
- Manipulate & Present Data
- Save & Retrieve Spreadsheets
- Create Slide Shows
- Layout & Present Slides
- Save & Retrieve Slide Shows
- Create Desktop Publications
- Layout & Print Publications
- Save & Retrieve Publications